Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ektelon Stringing Machine Upgrade Kit Review

I have had an original Model C Ekteleon stringing machine for over 30 years with no upgrades.   I somehow got by stringing my own rackets but avoided stringing rackets for friends based on the limitations of the old design meant for much smaller wood rackets.  



I finally decided to get an upgrade kit for my machine so I could make it an easier job of stringing my own Head Radical OS frames.  I have enough floating clamps/speed clamps to accompany my fixed clamps so I didn't go for the clamp upgrade kit yet, though after trying the two point mount upgrade kit and seeing how well it works I may try that as well.

I received the 2 point mount kit today and found the installation very easy and quick.  I got it done in less than 30 minutes without stress or aggravation.

Once complete I went right to stringing my Head Racket and found it was now possible to pull tension on all of the center strings where before I was forced to pull two strings at once on the first four strings making the job less than ideal, and thus I only would string my own frames.  Some frames may still require a two string pull but the added frame support still makes this upgrade a good move.

It works very well and is clearly a very high quality product that is well thought out.  The much wider mounts also are more secure which should reduce stress on oversized frames.  If you have an old Ektelon I think this is a great investment especially when compared to buying a new machine.

Here is the link for the upgrade two point mount kit I purchased and it is designed to work with C,D, and DE models made by Ektelon.

2 point mount upgrade kit.

Another important thing to know is that the seller is very professional and handles the order promptly with tracking information sent once the items are shipped.

******  5 Star Rating for Quality and Performance



Here is a video on stringing machine adjustments  that will give you some general methods of maintaining your old stringing machine.  I didn't create this Youtube video but found it useful.