Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Sinus Problems and Depression Link

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/04/04/new-research-finds-possible-link-between-sinus-problems-depression/

Tennis players can suffer from this like anyone else.  Actually, if you play on indoor clay it is something I have experienced.  The dust bothers me.  Outdoors on dry courts on a breezy or windy day you can get a snootful of dust.  Whatever is in the dust can enter your sinuses and cause you problems.

Air Filters at home are a good option to help limit your dust and allergen intake.  

Dust masks from 3M work well when you are in the attic or a shed moving around old things in places that don't get cleaned ever.

Think of dust intake as your enemy and limit your exposure whenever possible and you may find some relief from sinus issues.  That is my experience.


Disclaimer:  I am not a medical professional so this is only a description of my personal experience with sinus issues that so far has worked to limit my problems.  Fortunately for me it has never bothered me to the extent of impacting my moods.  I know many others suffer much more serious sinus issues and in those cases see a doctor and follow their advice.