Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Mental Health in Tennis and Sports

Half of Young People cannot focus due to emotional problems.

To think that this problem is new makes no sense since the human condition hasn't.  What has changed is the awareness of it and of course the sub-specialization in psychology that focuses on youth.  They needed to come up with a study so here it is and of course there may be more stresses on kids today so I'm not discounting the problem.  But here is the bigger problem.

Coping with such emotional problems in the past were not just a prescription away so unless you wanted to become addicted to illegal drugs, alcohol, or some other outlet you'd just flounder.

Just a quick tip. I don't know about you but I had stresses in youth.  I attribute my relatively unscathed survival during these times to sports participation.  Rather than relying on parties, alcohol, and a bunch of friends to get me into trouble I took to the focus of sports.  While some of my friends from earlier years became addicts,  other friends that took to sports instead skipped the bad outcome.   It seemed to be a universal outcome.

If you want an alternative or supplement to therapy and drug treatment to depression consider physical activity and based on recent information spend a lot less time on social networks and your phone.